Pancreas Divisum Causing Recurrent Pancreatitis: A Case Report
- Written by Super User
- Published in Gastroenterology
Nadeem Ahmed Siddiqui, Rizwan Sultan, Fareed Ahmed Shaikh
Int J Med Rev Case Rep. 2017; 1(1): 11-13
What we can learn from this publication?
The case report presents an event of a young female with a history of recurrent attacks of upper abdominal pain which on work up was diagnosed as pancreas divisum. This article emphasises the need for early suspicion of disease, in patients with recurrent idiopathic pancreatitis, by clinician and efficacy of minimally invasive procedures (ERCP) as a definitive treatment option.
1. Liao Z, Gao R, Wang W, et al. A systematic review on
endoscopic detection rate, endotherapy, and surgery for
pancreas divisum. Endoscopy 2009;41:439-44.
2. Vasile D, Grigoriu M, Turcu F, et al. [Pancreas divisumea
rare cause of chronic pancreatitis]. Chirurgia (Bucur) 2007;
3. Gonoi W, Akai H, Hagiwara K, et al. Pancreas divisum
as a predisposing factor for chronic and recurrent idio-
pathic pancreatitis: initial in vivo survey. Gut (2011);
4. Kamisawa T, Tu Y, Egawa N, et al. Clinical implications of
incomplete pancreas divisum. JOP 2006; 7:625-30.
5. Ng WK, Tarabain O. Pancreas divisum: a cause of idiopathic
acute pancreatitis. CMAJ 2009; 180:949-51.
6. Elena G, Dorin A, Roxana B, Gheorghe B. Pancreas divi-
sum pancreatitis: a case report. Abdom Imaging (2011)
7. Kamisawa T, T. Y. (2007). MRCP of congenital pancreatico-
biliary malformation. Abdom Imaging, 129-133.
8. GA, L. (2003). Acute recurrent pancreatitis. Can J Gastroen-
9. Kamisawa T (2004) Clinical significance of the minor duo-
denal papilla and accessory pancreatic duct. J Gastroenterol
Siddiqui N, Sultan R, SHAIKH F. Pancreas Divisum Causing Recurrent Pancreatitis: A Case Report. International Journal of Medical Reviews and Case Reports [Internet]. ScopeMed International Medical Journal Management and Indexing System; 2017;1.
Last modified onSaturday, 09 November 2019 12:46
- Surgical management of traumatic manubrio-sternal dislocation with locking compression plate: A case report and review of literature
- Pituitary microadenoma with prolactin, corticotropic and thyreotropic deficiency: from infertility to pregnancy : About a case.
- Vulvar non-filarial elephantiasis associated with scabies