Manubriosternal joint dislocation as a result of trauma is rare with only few case reports published in literature. Materials that have been used for fixation of displaced manubriosternal joint are steel wires, polydioxanone ropes, and plates with screws.
We present a case of manubriosternal dislocation in which fixation was done with locking compression plate. This is a case of 32 years old lady with history of road traffic accident, car ran over her chest. She had bilateral lung contusions with multiple rib fractures on right side and manubriosternal joint dislocation of type-I. Patient was initially stabilized in high dependency unit, and once her contusions got better, she underwent fixation of her manubriosternal dislocation with locking compression plate. Post-operatively she remained pain free and was discharged home.
This case is an important addition to literature regarding options that can be used for fixation of manubriosternal joint dislocation.
Key words: Manubriosternal joint, Plate fixation, Joint dislocation, Chest trauma
Latest from Super User
- Pituitary microadenoma with prolactin, corticotropic and thyreotropic deficiency: from infertility to pregnancy : About a case.
- Vulvar non-filarial elephantiasis associated with scabies
- Pancreas Divisum Causing Recurrent Pancreatitis: A Case Report
- Kikuchi-Fujimoto disease: case report and review
- Los hombres y los accidentes de tránsito: un vistazo al riesgo, conducta de riesgo, notificación de accidentes, educación y formación profesional