Vulvar non-filarial elephantiasis associated with scabies
- Written by Super User
- Published in Dermatology
Sarah Sabur, Saoussane Bounajma, Mounia Nasr, Samir Mazouz
Int J Med Rev Case Rep. 2017; 1(1): 14-16
What we can learn from this publication?
The case report describes a 27-year-old female patient with vulvar elephantiasis of one-year evolution associated with generalised itchy skin lesions. This clinical case is unusual because of the large volume of lymphedema, its atypical localisation, its association with generalised scabies, and the absence of a well-defined aetiology, which may explain its occurrence.
1. Lu S, Tran TA, Jones DM, Meyer DR, Ross JS, Fisher HA,
Carlson JA: Localized lymphedema (elephantiasis): a case
series and review of the literature. J Cutan Pathol 2009.
2. Antonio A, Caleo A, Boscaino A, Mossetti G, Lan-
nantuoni N, Vulvar lymphoedematous pseudotumours
mistaken for aggressive angiomyxoma: Report of two
cases.Gynecol.Obstet Invest 2010 ;69 :212-216.
3. Chaudhary R, Rathi S, Maheshwari A, Nigam S.Vulvar ele-
phantiasis of filarial origin: A case report.Indian journal of
clinical practice 2013;24 (2).
4. Ipyana HM, Bonaventura CTM, Januarices H.Vulvar filarial
elephantiasis in a Tanzanian woman, a rare presentation
of lymphatic filariasis. A case report and review of litera-
ture.Sudan Journal of Medical Sciences 2014; 9(4):256-270.
5. Kos M, Ljubojevic N, Ilic-Forko J, Babic D, Jukic S. [Elephan-
tiasis of the vulva of an unclear aetiology: a case report].
Lijeniki Vjesn 1996;118(7-8):158–60.
Sabur Sarah, Bounajma Saoussane, Nasr Mounia, Mazouz Samir. Vulvar non-filarial elephantiasis associated with scabies. International Journal of Medical Reviews and Case Reports [Internet]. ScopeMed International Medical Journal Management and Indexing System; 2017;1.
Last modified onSaturday, 09 November 2019 12:47
- Surgical management of traumatic manubrio-sternal dislocation with locking compression plate: A case report and review of literature
- Pituitary microadenoma with prolactin, corticotropic and thyreotropic deficiency: from infertility to pregnancy : About a case.
- Pancreas Divisum Causing Recurrent Pancreatitis: A Case Report